Dog Food Recipe – Kitty Roll
Preparation Time: 30 minutes
Cooking Time: 0 minutes
If you do have a kitty sibling in the house, encourage animal harmony and let them share the roll! Otherwise they will be fighting your canine friend and stealing the food. You can even sprinkle a bit of catnip into your cats portion.
- 1 can tuna fish
- 15 ml (1 Tablespoon) Mayonnaise
- 1 sheet nori seaweed
- 360 ml (1 1/2 cups) sushi rice
Preparation & Cooking:
- Grab a bowl and put both the Tuna and Mayonnaise in it. Then get your hands in there and mix the Mayonnaise through the Tuna really well.
- Grab the nori sheet and place it on to a bamboo sushi rolling mat. The sushi rolling mat will make your job easier and I am yet to find something that I can use in place of it.
- Roll a handful of sushi rice into a log shape and place in the middle of the nori.
- Using your fingers, spread the rice evenly over the nori until it is within half an inch from the edge.
- Arrange the tuna down the middle of the sushi rice.
- Lift the side of the mat closest to you and slowly roll away from your body.
- Roll the mat over so that the top edge of the nori meets the rice on the bottom edge.
- Gently continue rolling and shaping the sush by applying even presure.
- Slice into manageable pieces using a sharp knife and you are ready for serving.
This is a great meal and is very handy when you have leftovers. So next time you have leftover tuna you can make Kitty Rolls. Try mixing it with a fruit or veggie-based baby food. It may look disgusting to you but your dog will love it!