- Prep Time : 0m
- Cook Time : 0m
- Ready In : 0m
- 1 cup Semolina (Rava / Sooji) For the Puri
- 1/4 cup Maida(All Purpose Flour) For the Puri
- 1/4 tsp Baking Soda For the Puri
- Salt to taste,For the Puri
- Oil to deep fry,For the Puri
- 1/4 cup Tamarind For the pani
- 2 cup Water For the pani
- 1 tsp Chat masala / Amchur powder For the pani
- 1 tsp Roasted Cumin Seed (Jeera) Powder For the pani
- 1 tbsp Coriander Leaves(garnish) For the pani
- 1/2 cup Mint leaves + coriander leaves For the pani
- to taste Black Salt For the pani
- 1 Raw mango boiled,pulp removed For the Pani
- suagr,to taste For the Pani
- 2 patato,boiled and mashed For the Filling
- 1 cup chole (white chickpeas) For the Filling
- 1/2 tbsp roasted cumin powder
- 1/4 tsp red chilli powder
- salt or to taste
- 1/3 Coriander leaves, finely chopped
For the puri: Combine the semolina, plain flour, soda water and salt to make a semi-stiff dough and knead well. Allow it to rest under a wet muslin cloth for 10 to 15 minutes.
Divide the dough into 40 equal portions and roll each portion into 37 mm. (1½”) circles. Place these circles under a damp cloth for about 5 minutes.
Heat oil in a kadai(it shouldnt be piping hot) slide 3-4 puris at a time and using the laddle press in the center and along the edges to make the puris puff up.
cook evenly to golden brown on both sides .Drain in a tissue paper.Cool and store in an air tight container and use when required.
For the Pani: Soak the tamarind in ½ cup of water for approximately 1 hour. Strain out all the pulp through a sieve.
Combine this pulp with the remaining ingredients(chat masala/amchur powder, roasted jeera powder,mint,coriander leaves,mango pulp) except salt and grind it to a fine paste.
Transfer the paste into a large bowl and combine with 1 litre of water, the black salt,salt and sugar to taste and mix well. Chill for at least 2 hours after making so that all the flavors have blended properly.
Filling: Mix all the ingredients for fillings. Salt and chilli powder – add as per your taste.
Average Member Rating
(0 / 5)
0 people rated this recipe