Top Raw Food Recipes For Teenagers
* Green Drink: Juice lots of kale, celery and apple.
* Chocolate Smoothie: nut milk, 3-4 dates, a bunch of strawberries, 3 bananas, a small amount of vanilla pod, 1 tblspn raw carob powder, 1/2 tblspn raw cacao powder. Blend. Serve.
* Muesli: Raw oats, dried sultanas, dried mango, chunks of almond and cashews, 1/2 tblspn sunflower seeds and 1/2 tblspn pumpkin seeds (also known as pepitas). Mix. Add almond milk sweetened with 3-4 dates. Soak in refrigerator overnight. Serve the next morning.
2. Mid-Morning Snacks
* Lots of dried or fresh bananas and mango mixed with a selection of raw nuts.
* Cashew Ice-Cream: In a high speed blender, mix 2 cups cashew butter with 1 1/2 cups dates. Fold in 2/3 cup chopped almonds. Add 1/2 cup raw carob powder. Freeze. Serve.
* Italian Noodles: Shape 3 large zucchinis into noodle shapes with Spiralizer, add small bunch fresh basil, 2 tspns cold-pressed olive oil, 6 cherry tomatoes, 1 avocado,2 tspns chopped garlic, juice from 1/2 lemon, sea salt to taste. Mix. Serve.
* Noodles with Pasta Sauce: Shape 3 large zucchinis into noodle shapes with Spiralizer. Make pasta sauce by blending 3 tomatoes, 1/2 avocado, 1 1/2 carrots, 1 stick celery, 30g dehydrated tomatoes, 4 dates, 1/4 onion, 2 tbspns cold-pressed olive oil, 2 tbspns organic tamari, 1 tspn apple cider vinegar, 2 tbspns fresh basil and 1 clove garlic. Serve.
4. Afternoon Snacks
* Green Drink: Juice 1/2 bunch spinach with 4 apples.
* Brazil Sweets: Mix 125g Brazil nuts, 125g raisins, 125 g dates, 1 tbspn carob powder and 1 pinch cinnamon. Blend until smooth. Roll into ping-pong sized balls. Roll again in shredded coconut. Serve.
* Guacamole Salad: Mix chopped parsley, 30g cherry tomatoes, 1/2 sliced red onion, 1/2 chopped cos lettuce, 1/2 bunch kale, 1/2 bunch cilantro, juice from 1/2 lemon and sea salt to taste. For the guacamole, blend 2 avocados, 1/4 cup onion, 1/2-1 tomato, pinch cayenne and sea salt to taste. Mix into the salad. Serve.
* Same as lunch.