Top Toronto Travel Destinations
A trip to Toronto offers visitors a cultural and diverse experience. Here are some destinations and attractions to include in your itinerary:
· St. Lawrence Market: Voted one of best 25 places to eat by Food and Wine magazine, this market offers over 50 food vendors and a dozen lunch counters. A unique dining experience, with many cultural choices.
· CN Tower: This is Toronto’s premier landmark and has defined the city for many years. Although not the tallest standing structure anymore, it is still considered one of the modern wonders of the world. The observation deck will give you amazing views of the city; check out the glass floor, or dine in the exclusive revolving restaurant.
· Casa Loma: The history buff will enjoy the tour of this castle once owned by a prominent Toronto resident. Spend some quiet time in the amazingly tended gardens outside as you roam the grounds.
· Chinatown: One of North America’s largest; you will find a huge selection of traditional cuisine, art, souvenirs and more. This is definitely a stop you will want to make on your trip.
· Eaton Centre: Although the actual “Eatons” store no longer exists, the Eaton’s Centre is still one of Toronto’s top attractions, with over one million visitors per week. It was modelled after a galleria in Milan, Italy and was one of the first major shopping establishments constructed in North America.
· Toronto Zoo: If you love to walk, spend a day at the Toronto Zoo, where you can see over 5000 animals, and over 500 species. You can even adopt an animal of your own, to help support the zoo in its superior care of the animals.
· Ontario Science Centre: There is always something to do, build and experiment with at this Science Centre. A great time for parents and kids alike.
· Royal Ontario Museum: This is one of the top 10 museums in the world, and one of North America’s largest.
Toronto will amaze you with its diversity and culture. You will never be bored in this city that takes pride in its attractions as well as its exciting nightlife. Take in a baseball or hockey game to get a sense of how serious they are about sports (especially hockey, since it is the country’s national sport.) Dine at one of the many restaurants downtown to tantalize your taste buds. Toronto will be a trip that you won’t soon forget.